Instructions for Instructors Using the LockDown Browser
- Once Respondus is enabled in your course site, you should see a “LockDown Browser” link on your course menu in Canvas.
- Create a new quiz as you normally would in Canvas (for instructions, please see https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-1965) or use an existing quiz. Publish the quiz.
- Click on the LockDown Browser link on your course menu, and select the quiz for which you would like to use Respondus.
- Click the dropdown menu to the left of the quiz name, then click “Modify Settings.”
- Select “Require Respondus LockDown Browser for this exam.”
- Click “Save and Close.”
- Students will now be required to access this quiz using only the Respondus LockDown Browser.
Duo Mobile and Respondus (Two-Factor Authentication)
Duo Mobile is the recommended two-step verification method for Respondus. It is the only two-step verification option that can be used if you do not have cellphone service in your location when you need to log in.
Install the Duo Mobile app on your Android or iOS phone or other device in order to receive Duo Push notifications. Through the app, you tap and approve or generate single-use verification codes to enter in your browser.
Please consult the Two-Step Verification: detailed instructions for information on how to install the Duo Mobile app on your device.