Canvas allows instructors to add a Course Dashboard Image that appears for students on their Canvas Dashboards.
- Course dashboard images are consistent across devices.
- Accepted image types include JPG, JPEG, GIF, and PNG. Images should be approximately 262 pixels wide by 146 pixels high.
- Students may still select a color overlay and course nickname of their choice to display on their personal Canvas Dashboards.
- Instructors cannot select the color overlay or nickname that students see on their personal Canvas Dashboards.
- Allows instructors to set a relevant course image to identify their course.
Instructions to Set a Course Dashboard Image
For more information, please see “How do I add an image to a course card in the Dashboard?”