On This Page
Turnitin may be used to check the originality of student work and to detect for possible plagiarism. If you experience any issues when trying to submit a Turnitin assignment in Canvas, please email email@example.com.
This Student Guide explains how to:
- Submit a Turnitin assignment in Canvas
- Find help with Turnitin
- Turnitin submissions cannot be made through the Canvas Student app.
- Canvas does not support mobile browsers, so Turnitin submissions through mobile browsers are not recommended.
Turnitin’s End User License Agreement (EULA)
A class you are taking may use Turnitin originality checking software. This software requires you to agree to Turnitin’s End User License Agreement (EULA) before you are permitted to use the software.
Submit a Paper in Your Web Browser
- Go to Assignments and select the assignment name that you want to submit.
- Click Submit Assignment.
- Click the Choose File button and select a file from your computer. Repeat this step if you want to upload multiple files for the submission.
- Optional: Add a message to your instructor, TA, or grader in the “Comments” box.
- Click in the check-box next to this statement: “I agree to the tool’s End-User License Agreement.” Recommended: Read the End-User License Agreement before submitting your first Turnitin assignment. More information on Turnitin’s EULA.
- Click Submit Assignment to complete your submission or Cancel to cancel it.
If you experience any issues when trying to submit a Turnitin assignment in Canvas, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.