ProctorU is a remote proctoring service which has options for live online proctoring, recorded proctoring and advanced machine proctoring for exams in Canvas.
When using the live online proctoring option, remote proctors will use your webcam to watch you while you take an exam, and your screen will also be recorded. ProctorU proctors will follow exam guidelines that are written by your professor, and your professor will have final determination as to whether or not cheating occurred.
- The computer you use to take an exam must have a webcam and should be placed in a quiet well lit location.
- Your exam should be taken without anyone else present in the room/space you’ve chosen.
- Allow a bit of time for set-up and an authenticity check. This helps ProctorU verify your identity and workspace.
ProctorU provides a couple of online proctoring solutions that range from live, person to person, proctoring, to automated proctoring with authentication procedures.
- Allows for 1-on-1 proctoring provided by a remote proctor.
- Uses AI based behavior analysis for automated proctoring.
- Offers custom proctoring options, included annotated video.
Remote proctoring services like ProctorU allow students to take proctored exams in a location of their choice and at a time that works for them.
- Provides a range of timeslots in which to take an exam, as determined by the instructor.
- Allows for a range of digital and physical media to aid in testing, as determined by the instructor.
- Offers tech support for Proctoring issues.
Your professor will determine an exam window, and you must schedule a proctoring time within that window. This process is not automatic, and if you attempt to schedule within less than 72 hours or attempt to take the exam without registering you will be charged a small fee and expected to pay with a credit card.
To set up an account and schedule a proctoring time:
- Go to go.proctoru.com to sign up for a new account.
- Fill out basic information needed to create an account.
- Above is the dashboard you will see when logged in to your account.
- Select an exam.
- Depending on your course, you may have multiple options for scheduling exams.
- You will have a countdown timer in ProctorU.com for your exam once you schedule it. Once the timer expires, a big blue GO button will be there. Click on GO to connect to a proctor. The proctor will lead you through a set-up process, and once that is done you will be taken to Canvas.
Testing Your System
Please read the ProctorU system requirements for specific information about recommended system settings.
Last Updated: 15 Dec 2021