The University’s agreement with Piazza ended June 30, 2022, including all Canvas integrations.
The University has selected Ed Discussion as the replacement for Piazza beginning July 1, 2022.
For questions about Piazza or assistance with Ed Discussion, please contact email@example.com.
Piazza is a robust communication tool that facilitates interaction between students and instructors in a course using discussion boards, question and answer forums, announcements, and more. Although the Piazza forum can be used for assignments it is best utilized as a question and answer board.
- Anonymous posting
- Discussion boards
- Canvas integration
- Faculty and TAs can endorse answers from students to questions their classmates pose
Download Piazza Content
Penn’s license for Piazza ended June 30, 2022, including all Canvas integrations. Current and past Piazza courses will remain visible by logging into Piazza.com. For more permanent storage, it is recommended that instructors download their data.
Instructors can download their Piazza class content as a CSV or JSON file:
- From the Piazza menu, click Statistics, then select View Statistics.
- On the page that displays, click Download class contents in JSON/CSV format.
- After clicking this link, you will receive a CSV/JSON file via email containing post IDs, anonymity levels, folders, submission timestamps and content, student names, emails, and endorsements.
School-Specific support Information
- School of Arts & Sciences (SAS):
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with Piazza in SAS courses.
- School of Engineering and Applied Science (SEAS):
- Computing and Educational Technology Services (CETS): Email email@example.com for assistance with Piazza in SEAS courses.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with Piazza in Wharton courses.
Last Updated: 11 Jul 2022