What Is the New Gradebook?
As of January 6, 2020, the New Gradebook was enabled across all Canvas courses on the University of Pennsylvania Canvas instance. The New Gradebook has been designed to make grading more flexible and intuitive, as well as to elevate the Gradebook user experience.
New Gradebook Features
The New Gradebook has the following features:
- There are new menus for more settings and sorting options.
- There are course-wide and assignment-specific grade posting policies (replacing the legacy mute/unmute feature).
- There are more filtering options, including by assignment group, module, section, and group.
- The keyboard accessibility on grade entry is improved.
- It has drag-and-drop total columns.
- There are crosshairs and highlighting for orientation.
- Teachers have control over status color with a built-in color key.
- There are late and missing flags with automatic deduction policies.
New Gradebook Resources
Penn’s New Gradebook Resources:
- New Gradebook Overview of top features that are new, enhanced, or relocated
- New Gradebook FAQ
- Wharton’s New Gradebook Presentation (slide deck)
Canvas’s New Gradebook Resources:
If you have questions, please email email@example.com.
Last Updated: 23 Sep 2022