Canvas operates on a three-week release cycle through which features are added or updated. Courseware Support posts highlights from Canvas’s production release notes, a link to these notes, and other relevant content to the Canvas at Penn blog a few days before the production release, which usually occurs on Saturdays. Please contact Courseware Support at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about an upcoming production release.
6/25/16 Production Release Highlights:
- Department Label Change: In the account-level “Add a New Course” menu, the “Department” label has been changed to “Subaccount”; this label update is also shown in the “Course Details” page. Although subaccounts are essentially used to separate departments in an institution, this change helps align Canvas terminology.
- Complete/Incomplete Icon Updates: The icons for the complete and incomplete grades in the Gradebook have been updated to match similar icons throughout Canvas. This change does not affect the student Grades page as the icons were updated in a previous release.
- Daylight Savings Time: Calendar Events for dates within Daylight Savings Time display correct course and local times.
- Recent Activity and Content Titles: In the Dashboard “Recent Activity” view, long content titles are wrapped to the next line.
- Long File Names: File names are truncated if they are longer than 65 characters.
- Media File Previews: Media files can be previewed in “Files.”
- Letter Grade Zeros: When a zero is entered for a letter grade assignment, the letter “F” is shown along with the score of zero.
- Student View and Unpublished Courses: Student View can be accessed in unpublished courses.
- Multiple Quiz Submissions: If a student has multiple quiz attempts, SpeedGrader can display all previous quiz submissions.