Canvas operates on a three-week release cycle through which features are added or updated. Courseware Support posts highlights from Canvas’s production release notes, a link to these notes, and other relevant content to the Canvas at Penn blog a few days before the production release, which usually occurs on Saturdays. Please contact Courseware Support at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about an upcoming production release.
7/16/16 Production Release Highlights:
- Sub-account Theme Editor Management: In “Account Settings,” admins can enable and disable the Theme Editor for all sub-accounts in their account. When enabled, sub-account admins can view the Themes link in “Account Navigation” and manage Theme Editor branding for the sub-account.
- Course Storage Report: The “Course Storage” report shows the total of all files in a course. Previously, the report only showed the storage used for each course, which did not account for any files that had been copied or referenced from previous courses. The report shows the amount of storage actually used in the course as well as the total of all files.
- Sidebar Assignment Links in the Rich Content Editor: When an instructor created a new discussion or quiz, the page sidebar included links to create a new assignment, discussion, or quiz, respectively. These links have been removed from “Discussions” and “Quizzes” creation pages.
- Turnitin Submissions: When a student submits an assignment through Turnitin, Canvas waits five minutes to request the submission and originality report. This should address some Turnitin errors we have been encountering since the move to the LTI.
- “Send Individual Messages” Checkbox in Conversations: In the message composition page, the “Send Individual Messages” checkbox option no longer includes an information icon. This icon previously explained the purpose of the checkbox, which has now been added to the checkbox description. This change improves accessibility for keyboard users.