Canvas operates on a three-week release cycle through which features are added or updated. Courseware Support posts highlights from Canvas’s production release notes, a link to these notes, and other relevant content to the Canvas at Penn a few days before the production release, which usually occurs on Saturdays. Please contact Courseware Support at email@example.com if you have any questions about an upcoming production release.
2/3/18 Production Release Highlights:
- Decorative-Image Checkbox in Rich Text Editor: When a user clicks the Embed Images icon and selects an image source, the Attributes section displays a decorative-image checkbox, which indicates the image is for decorative purposes. Decorative images do not require alternative text. If the Decorative-Image checkbox is selected, the alternative-text field is grayed out. Decorative images and altertnative text can be applied when embedding any image type: URL, Canvas (previous uploads), and Flickr.
- Menu-Design Updates: Some Canvas Settings menu icons have been replaced with an Options icon. These changes clarify user expectations when displayed in a page and help align consistency throughout all Canvas areas. Icons have been updated in the following Canvas areas: Assignments, Course Details (Course Image upload; Navigation tab), Dashboard View, Discussions, Modules, Pages, People, and Quizzes.
- If a menu includes options that actively change the interface in the page, the menu displays as a Settings icon.
- If a menu includes options that link to other Canvas areas or pages, the menu displays as an Options icon.
- If a menu includes both types of options, the menu displays as an Option icon.
- Blueprint Courses and New Gradebook: For updates to Blueprint courses and New Gradebook, please see the full release notes.