Canvas operates on a three-week release cycle through which features are added or updated. Courseware Support posts highlights from Canvas’s production release notes, a link to these notes, and other relevant content to the Canvas at Penn a few days before the production release, which usually occurs on Saturdays. Please contact Courseware Support at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about an upcoming production release.
12/9/17 Production Release Highlights:
- Assignment Group Contents Move Menu: The Assignment Group Settings menu includes a Move Content option, which moves all assignment content items in an assignment group to another group. This functionality is designed for consistency with other Move-To menus in Canvas.
- Group Assignment Submissions and Previously Uploaded Files: File Upload submissions previously uploaded to Canvas are associated for all group members.
- Student Assignments and Multiple Sections: Students in multiple course sections only display once for each assigned assignment.
- Submission Details Total Point Value: The Submission Details page shows the total point value of an assignment.
- New Gradebook & SIS Sync: The Sync Grades to SIS option is only visible for institutions with a student information system integration. We currently do not have an SIS integration in UPenn Canvas.
- Scheduler Appointment Groups: Calendar Scheduler appointment groups can be viewed by all students.
- Scheduler Future Appointment Availability: The next available appointment notification matches the date of the next available appointment group.
- URL Characters and Mobile Page Links: New page links created through the Content Selector with special characters can be viewed in Canvas mobile apps.
- Course Content Export Feature: The Course Content Export feature will be enabled as a part of the December 9th Canvas Production Release. This feature includes the following functionality:
- It allows users to download course content as an offline HTML file.
- It can only be enabled at the root level and is opt-out for instructors.
- The download button displays in Modules and provides a .zip from Files and a visual HTML index of files (hidden or unpublished files are NOT included).
- It is a possible replacement for the current ePub downloads and includes a warning about ownership rights and redistribution.
A detailed post about the Course Content Export feature will be made on Canvas at Penn the week of December 11th.
For a complete production release update, please see:
Last Updated: 30 Nov 2018