New Analytics is a useful tool in Canvas that allows instructors to gauge how their students are learning and interacting with activities within their Canvas sites.
Enabling New Analytics
New Analytics can be accessed from Course Navigation . By default, this link is hidden in Course Navigation in each course and must be enabled.
To enable New Analytics, open Course Settings and view the Navigation tab. Move the New Analytics link to the enabled section and save the page.
You can also access New Analytics from the New Analytics button in the Course Home Page .
Use New Analytics to:
- View average course grade analytics as an interactive chart graph or a data table
- Compare the course average with an individual assignment, course section, or student filter using the chart graph comparison or data table comparison
- View average weekly online participation analytics as an interactive chart graph or a data table
- Compare the course average weekly online participation analytics with an individual student or section using the chart graph comparison or data table comparison
- Send a message to all students based on specific course grade or participation criteria
- Send a message to an individual student based on specific course grade or participation criteria
- View course grade and participation analytics for an individual student
- View and download reports on missing, late, or excused assignments, class roster, and course activity.
Open Canvas for Penn Learners
New Analytics is also available for courses hosted in Open Canvas for Penn Learners.
For more information on New Analytics, and Analytics in Canvas please visit the following resources: