Canvas operates on a monthly release cycle through which features are added or updated. Courseware Support posts highlights from Canvas’s production release notes, a link to these notes, and other relevant content to the Canvas at Penn a few days before the production release, which usually occurs on Saturdays. Please contact Courseware Support at email@example.com if you have any questions about an upcoming production release.
April 16, 2022 Production Release Highlights
- Assignment Default Due Time Field: Admins and instructors can adjust the Assignments Default Due time to fit the course’s needs. The Assignment Default Due Time Field will display in Account Settings and Course Settings. These settings are inherited across subaccounts and courses but will not update existing assignments with due dates already set.
- Apply Score to Ungraded Assignments: Instructors can use the Apply Score to Ungraded Assignments feature to apply scores to ungraded submissions en masse from an assignment group and Total column menus in the Gradebook.
- Icon Maker: The Rich Content Editor allows instructors to create simple icons for their courses directly within the Rich Content Editor rather than using an external tool. At release, the Icon Maker feature only supports predefined images. The ability to upload custom images will be added in a future deploy.
New Quizzes Updates
- Fill in the Blank Question Type Allows Rich Content Editor: Instructors can create fill-in-the-blank questions with rich content such as scientific or mathematical formulas or a table. Additionally, instructors can format fill-in-the-blank questions to appear on separate, distinct lines.
- This Course Item Bank Filter: A new item bank filter, This Course, has been added to New Quizzes. The This Course filter displays existing item banks within the current course and will be the default selection when navigating to Item Banks from within a course.