This post has been republished to correct an error with the original post title. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Canvas operates on a monthly release cycle through which features are added or updated. Courseware Support posts highlights from Canvas’s production release notes, a link to these notes, and other relevant content to the Canvas at Penn a few days before the production release, which usually occurs on Saturdays. Please contact Courseware Support at email@example.com if you have any questions about an upcoming production release.
November 20, 2021 Production Release Highlights
- Submission Feedback Indicator: Students can see when new comments have been added to a submission from the Assignment Details page. When new comments have been added as an annotation or in a rubric, links for Show Rubric and View Feedback are displayed.
- List View Dashboard Conference Links: In the List View of the Dashboard, calendar events that include a Zoom or BigBlueButton link in the description or location field display a Join Conference button. If the Join icon is solid and green, the event is currently active. If the button is lined and gray, the event is not currently active.
- Settings Tab URL Links: The Account and Course Settings tabs support independent URL references. Users can remain in a specific tab after a Settings page is refreshed or link directly to a specific tab on the Settings page.
- Assignment Text Entry Word Count: The word count for a text entry assignment submission is displayed in the sidebar while grading in SpeedGrader. Current functionality is only for text entry assignment submissions and does not apply to any other submission type, such as graded discussions.
New Quizzes Updates
- Assignments and Quizzes Build Link: Instructors can access the New Quizzes Build page from the Assignments and Quizzes pages, bypassing the assignment details page. From the Build page, instructors can immediately change quiz questions, general settings, or quiz moderation options.
- Stimulus Orientation: The Stimulus question type in New Quizzes includes the ability to choose if the related questions appear to the right or below of the stimulus. Changing the presentation of stimulus content is useful when printing quizzes or when adding narrative stimulus content.
For a complete production release update, please see:
Last Updated: 10 Nov 2021