Open Canvas for Penn Learners is the new name for what was formerly known as Canvas Catalog. Open Canvas is a separate Canvas instance from Penn Canvas. Users do not need a PennKey, PennID, or be registered through the Penn Registrar’s office for access. Penn Online Learning has all the same features of Canvas Catalog, but with a new and refreshed look. Courses offered through the Online Learning Platform utilize the Open Canvas instance.
Open Canvas for Penn Learners can also host special courses not offered through the Online Learning Platform, but on a case-by-case basis. For more information, please contact the Courseware Support Team at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are no functionality changes within this instance of Canvas, however, the overall color scheme has changed, as well as the login screen.
These changes will roll out in three phases outlined below:
- Phase 1: March 1, 2021
- Documentation on infocanvas.upenn.edu
- Blog post on infocanvas.upenn.edu
- Banner in Canvas (Catalog instance only)
- New list-serv active
- Phase 2: March 8, 2021
- New color scheme in Canvas Catalog
- New name in login screen for root-admins and sub-account admins appears
- Currently reads “Online Learning at Penn”
- Phase 3: March 22, 2021
- New non PennPath login screen live
- New URL for non-PennPath login
New Global Navigation:
New login screen (non Pennpath login screen):
For more information, please contact Courseware Support at: email@example.com
Last Updated: 12 May 2021