Canvas operates on a monthly release cycle through which features are added or updated. Courseware Support posts highlights from Canvas’s production release notes, a link to these notes, and other relevant content to the Canvas at Penn a few days before the production release, which usually occurs on Saturdays. Please contact Courseware Support at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about an upcoming production release.
December 19, 2020 Production Release Highlights
- View Ungraded as Zero: The View menu includes the View Ungraded as 0 option, which allows instructors to view student grades as if all ungraded assignments were worth zero points. Enabling this option has no impact outside of the Gradebook, it is a visual change to identify grading calculations for ungraded assignments. [DELAYED UNTIL 01/16/2021 RELEASE]
- Uploaded Media File Placement: Newly recorded media and uploaded media via the Upload/Record Media link in the New Rich Content Editor is stored in the Course, Groups, or User Files folder, respectively. This change ensures users can reuse media created or added to a course.
- Individual Page Student View: The Student View button displays in supported individual Canvas pages, allowing instructors to view individual pages using the Test Student more quickly.
- Enforcement of New Rich Content Editor: On January 6, 2021, the New Rich Content Editor (RCE) will be enabled in all courses in the University of Pennsylvania Canvas instance.
- Deprecation of Multiple Push notification types: Multiple push notification types will be removed from Canvas. Details about each of the notification types can be found in the Canvas Notifications PDF.
For a complete production release update, please see:
Canvas Production Release Notes: December 19, 2020
December 19, 2020 Canvas Production Release Screencast
Canvas New Feature Screencast (2020-12-19) from Instructure Canvas Community on Vimeo.
Last Updated: 10 Dec 2020