We’re happy to announce that Piazza and Perusall are now available for all courses in Canvas!
- Piazza is a robust discussion tool that allows students to ask and answer questions under the guidance of their instructors. Encourage engagement by endorsing student answers, supporting collaborative editing, and allowing students to participate anonymously,
- Perusall is a social annotation tool that allows students and faculty to interact with reading materials in a style akin to social media posting. Instead of reading a document and engaging with it via a separate discussion thread, Perusall brings the discussion to the text.
Add Piazza or Perusall to a Course
Both tools are disabled by default. To enable Piazza or Perusall in a course:
- Click Settings on your course navigation menu.
- Click the Navigation tab, which is near the top of the page.
- Scroll down, click the Piazza / Perusall button(s), and drag it above the line that reads “Drag items here to hide them from students.” Alternatively, you can click the three vertical dots on the right of the Piazza / Persuall button > Enable.
- Scroll down again and click Save.
For schools or courses that already have either tool enabled, users may see a second hidden link for each tool when they go to Settings > Navigation. If both links are enabled for Piazza or Perusall in a site, they will direct users to the same content.
Visit our resource guides for more information about using Piazza and Perusall in Canvas: