Canvas operates on a three-week release cycle through which features are added or updated. Courseware Support posts highlights from Canvas’s production release notes, a link to these notes, and other relevant content to the Canvas at Penn a few days before the production release, which usually occurs on Saturdays. Please contact Courseware Support at email@example.com if you have any questions about an upcoming production release.
6/1/19 Production Release Highlights
- Compose Field Message Removal: The Compose Message window does not include an option to remove previously received messages. Individual messages can still be deleted from a conversation in the Conversations window by opening the message, selecting the Settings menu, and clicking the Delete link.
- DocViewer Enhancements:
- Empty Rows and Columns: DocViewer previews of XLSX files render empty rows and columns to maintain formatting from the original document.
- Excel Graph Rendering: Graphs created in spreadsheets and rendered in DocViewer display correct data and legend information.
- Numbered Lists: Numbered lists are rendered correctly and display the correct information in the list in DocViewer.
- Scatter Graph Trendlines: Scatter graphs in Word documents correctly display trendlines in DocViewer.
- Grading and Quiz Logs Permissions: The Grades – Edit permission and the Quizzes – View Submission Log permission are required for a user to view quiz submission logs. Canvas code documentation has been updated to reflect these two associated permissions to view quiz submission logs.
- Profile Pictures in SpeedGrader: In the SpeedGrader menu, included student profile pictures are updated correctly to display the student whose submission is being viewed in SpeedGrader.
For a complete production release update, please see:
June 1, 2019 Canvas Production Release Screencast