Canvas operates on a three-week release cycle through which features are added or updated. Courseware Support posts highlights from Canvas’s production release notes, a link to these notes, and other relevant content to the Canvas at Penn a few days before the production release, which usually occurs on Saturdays. Please contact Courseware Support at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about an upcoming production release.
5/11/19 Production Release Highlights
- Quizzes.Next Beta Environment Support: The Canvas beta environment supports most Quizzes.Next features. However, reports, statistics, and item bank search and tagging are not supported. This feature allows users to view most Quizzes.Next features in the Canvas beta environment instead of waiting for production releases. Quizzes.Next quiz questions cannot be used with SpeedGrader.
- Restricted Access Permissions Interface in Files: The Restricted Access files interface has been simplified in page design and includes individual icons for each permission type. However, no functionality has been affected. This change more clearly defines the two options offered for files set with restricted access.
- Rich Content Editor and File Links in Blueprint Courses: File paths created in pages by linking files from the Rich Content Editor are retained in course copies.
- Internet Explorer 11 Browser Support:On August 3, 2019 Internet Explorer 11 will no longer be supported as a Canvas browser.
- New Gradebook: On 4 January 2020, the existing Canvas Gradebook will be replaced with the New Gradebook.
New “Upcoming Canvas Changes” Page
Instructure, the makers of Canvas, has launched “Upcoming Canvas Changes,” a special page for significant upcoming changes.
For a complete production release update, please see:
May 11, 2019 Canvas Production Release Screencast
Last Updated: 20 Oct 2021