Canvas operates on a three-week release cycle through which features are added or updated. Courseware Support posts highlights from Canvas’s production release notes, a link to these notes, and other relevant content to the Canvas at Penn a few days before the production release, which usually occurs on Saturdays. Please contact Courseware Support at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about an upcoming production release.
3/9/19 Production Release Highlights
- Discussions Author Search Functionality: Users can search discussion topics by author name in addition to title. Any discussions that have been copied from a previous course do not include an author.
- Dashboard Course Card Icon Size: Users who have enabled course cards in the Dashboard can view the course card icons in a slightly smaller size than previously displayed. No functionality has been affected.
- Conversations & Media File Name: Conversation messages include the file name of any media file uploaded or recorded within a message.
- Assignment State and Plagiarism Detection LTI Platform: Changing an assignment workflow_state does not affect the plagiarism platform association. When a published assignment was unpublished and included no submissions, the plagiarism review settings were not retained and set back to None. Canvas code has been updated to retain the tool associations if the workflow state of the assignment is changed.
- SpeedGrader & Deleted Discussion Post Attachments: Attachments from deleted discussion posts do not display in SpeedGrader. When a discussion post was deleted that included an attached file, the file was not removed when the discussion was viewed in SpeedGrader. This behavior affected instructors as they could see the file but not the post where it belonged. Canvas code has been updated to remove attachments from deleted discussion posts.
For a complete production release update, please see:
March 9, 2019 Canvas Production Release Screencast
Last Updated: 20 Oct 2021