Canvas operates on a three-week release cycle through which features are added or updated. Courseware Support posts highlights from Canvas’s production release notes, a link to these notes, and other relevant content to the Canvas at Penn a few days before the production release, which usually occurs on Saturdays. Please contact Courseware Support at email@example.com if you have any questions about an upcoming production release.
2/16/19 Production Release Highlights
- Accessibility Checker Link-Formatting: When a user opens the information link in the Accessibility Checker, the “Learn More” text at the bottom of the menu window has been expanded to include more description about the linked reference.
- Muted Assignments and Peer-Review Comments: When a peer-review assignment is muted, students can view peer-review comments from other students while continuing to hide all feedback from instructors.
- Anonymous Grading and Peer Reviews: When anonymous grading is enabled in a peer-review assignment, students can view peer reviews without error.
- Anonymous Late Submission Notifications: Notifications about late submissions in anonymous assignments do not display the names of the students with the late submission.
- Fudge Points in Quizzes: Fudge points can be changed to zero after being assigned a non-zero value.
- HTML5 Media Recorder Video Interface: When Canvas does not detect a webcam with a user’s device, the media recorder displays the video interface.
- Anonymous Moderated Assignment Student Links: Student submission links for anonymous moderated assignments link to the correct submission in SpeedGrader.
- Group Assignments and External Tool Submissions: Group assignments submitted through an external tool (ex: Google Drive, Dropbox, O365) display in SpeedGrader.
For a complete production release update, please see:
Last Updated: 20 Oct 2021