Canvas operates on a three-week release cycle through which features are added or updated. Courseware Support posts highlights from Canvas’s production release notes, a link to these notes, and other relevant content to the Canvas at Penn a few days before the production release, which usually occurs on Saturdays. Please contact Courseware Support at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about an upcoming production release.
1/26/19 Production Release Highlights
- Rubric Additional Comments Text Field in SpeedGrader: When an instructor creates a rubric for an assignment and views the rubric in SpeedGrader, clicking the Additional Comments icon displays a comments field directly below the selected criterion. Instructors can add comments for the criterion, save the comment, and view the comment directly below the criterion. Previously, the comment would not display until the rubric was saved.
- Link Validator Email Links: When the Link Validator was started in a course, the Link Validator generated an error when it encountered an email link, as individual email links cannot be validated. Canvas code has been updated to not include email links as part of the Link Validator.
- Multiple Section Enrollment Statistics: Course statistics do not count students multiple times if they have multiple active section enrollments.
- Sections Designer Role Display: Section pages display the Designer role label next to any users enrolled with that role.
- Downloaded File Names and Spaces: Downloaded files display the display name of the file. Additionally, spaces are retained within display names.
- Restored Files and Duplicate File Names: If a previously deleted file is restored in a course, any duplicate file names are amended by adding a 1 at the end of the file.
- Module Item Publish State: When a new module is published, all items within the module are shown as published without requiring a page refresh.
- Draft Comments and Grades Participation Count in SpeedGrader: SpeedGrader draft comments are not counted as new activity in the Grades page.
- Student List Menu Icon in SpeedGrader: All browsers display the menu icon in the SpeedGrader student list.
For a complete production release update, please see: