Canvas operates on a three-week release cycle through which features are added or updated. Courseware Support posts highlights from Canvas’s production release notes, a link to these notes, and other relevant content to the Canvas at Penn a few days before the production release, which usually occurs on Saturdays. Please contact Courseware Support at email@example.com if you have any questions about an upcoming production release.
11/17/18 Production Release Highlights
- Embedded Image File Uploads in the Rich Content Editor: When embedding a file in the Rich Content Editor, such as when embedding an image in a discussion, users can view enlarged Course Files and My Files links for selecting an image. However, if a file has not yet been uploaded to Canvas, users can upload a file directly from their computer to their My Files folder. Students must select the My Files folder to activate the Upload File button, as students are not allowed to upload files to the Course Files folder.
- Due and Availability Date Seconds Adjustment: Seconds for due and availability dates are recorded as hh:mm:59 if the minute value is set to 59 (e.g., 11:59 pm). However, any due or availability date times manually changed to a non-59 minute value (e.g. 11:30 pm) are recorded as hh:mm:00.
- External Tool Submission Uploads: Uploaded files can be submitted for external tool assignments.
- Allow Students to See Time Slots Scheduler Option in the Calendar: The “Allow Students to See Who Has Signed Up for Time Slots” option in Scheduler clarifies that time slots will be shown if slots are still available.
- Question Bank Images: Images in questions associated with a question bank are retained when the question is edited and also in course copies.
- Alerts Dismissal Error on the Dashboard: Quiz and Discussion alerts can be dismissed from the Alerts menu.
- Anonymous Grading Late Assignment Notifications: Late Assignment notifications for assignments that are to be graded anonymously do not display student names and include a link to the submission in SpeedGrader.
For a complete production release update, please see: