Canvas operates on a three-week release cycle through which features are added or updated. Courseware Support posts highlights from Canvas’s production release notes, a link to these notes, and other relevant content to the Canvas at Penn a few days before the production release, which usually occurs on Saturdays. Please contact Courseware Support at email@example.com if you have any questions about an upcoming production release.
8/25/18 Production Release Highlights
- Scheduler External Feed Appointment Details: For instructors using the Scheduler tool in the Calendar, the Calendar Feed link includes Scheduler appointment details in the calendar feed export. Appointment details include scheduled student appointments, the associated course, and any student comments. In student calendar feeds, the current functionality has not been affected. Students can view their reserved appointment group time slot, but any comments to the instructor are not included.
- Dashboard List View and Mark as Done Module Requirements: The Mark as Done module requirement synchronizes with the student Dashboard List View and Card View to-do list to automatically complete items that have been marked as done.
- Anonymous Assignment Hidden Submission Details: When an assignment is anonymous, SpeedGrader does not display submission details until after the assignment is unmuted.
- Account Search Errors: When an admin searched for a course while a previous search was still processing, the page displayed an error message even though the new search displayed search results. Canvas code has been updated to not display aborted search results as errors and display results for last requested search.
- Numerical Answer Question Negative Values: Numerical Answer questions support negative values.