Canvas operates on a three-week release cycle through which features are added or updated. Courseware Support posts highlights from Canvas’s production release notes, a link to these notes, and other relevant content to the Canvas at Penn a few days before the production release, which usually occurs on Saturdays. Please contact Courseware Support at email@example.com if you have any questions about an upcoming production release.
5/12/18 Production Release Highlights:
- Assignments Submission Details Page Sidebar Terminology Update: When a student submits an assignment, the submission details page sidebar displays the assignment status as Submitted. Previously the sidebar displayed the status as Turned In. This change helps align consistency with Canvas terminology.
- Files Settings Menu Icon Update: The Files Settings menu icon has been replaced with the Options icon. This change helps align consistency throughout all Canvas areas and mobile apps.
- See Other Users’ Primary Email Address: The Course Roles page includes the See Other Users’ Primary Email Address permission. This permission is enabled by default for instructors and TAs (as well as any custom roles based on instructor and TA roles). However, it can also be enabled for student, observer, and designer roles. This permission has also been added to the Roles API.
- View Login IDs for Users: The Course Roles page includes the View Login IDs for Users permission. This permission is enabled by default for instructors and TAs (as well as any custom roles based on instructor and TA roles) and cannot be enabled for any other role. This permission has also been added to the Roles API.
- File Usage Rights: We will also be setting this feature to ALLOW which will enable instructors to opt-in on a course by course basis and assign usage rights (copyright) to their files.
For a complete production release update, please see:
Canvas Production Release Notes: May 9, 2018
2018-05-12 New Feature Screencast from Canvas LMS on Vimeo.
Last Updated: 20 Oct 2021