What are Student Context Cards?
Student Context Cards provide insights and context about a student and are meant to be a simplified overview of a student’s progress in a course. The context is generated from grades in the Gradebook and standard page view and participation activity in course analytics. Mobile data is not included unless a user accesses Canvas directly through a mobile browser, or if a user accesses content within the mobile app that redirects to a mobile browser.
What Do Student Context Cards Show?
- Profile picture: View the student’s profile picture. A picture may not be available if the student has not added a profile picture or if your institution does not allow profile pictures. You can also click the picture to access the student’s user details page.
Student name: Click to access the student’s user profile page. If you have the appropriate permissions, you may be able to access additional information including the student’s access report, interactions report, outcomes report, and registered web services.
- Course name and section: View the name of the course and section. The section name is only included for courses with multiple sections.
- Last login: View the student’s last Canvas login. This field does not display if the student has never logged in. If the login was on the current date, the card only displays the time. If the login was within the current week, the card displays the day of the week. Any later logins display the full date.
- Grades button: Click to access the student’s grades page.
- Analytics button: Click to access the student’s analytics page. This button is only available to users with permission to view course analytics.
- Mail icon: Click to send a message directly to the student from the context card.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Updated: 15 May 2017