Canvas operates on a three-week release cycle through which features are added or updated. Courseware Support posts highlights from Canvas’s production release notes, a link to these notes, and other relevant content to the Canvas at Penn blog a few days before the production release, which usually occurs on Saturdays. Please contact Courseware Support at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about an upcoming production release.
10/8/16 Production Release Highlights:
- Concluded Course SpeedGrader Link: In concluded course assignments, instructors can view the SpeedGrader link in the sidebar. This change allows instructors easier access to view previous student work and comments in an assignment. This change also improves consistency with the SpeedGrader link throughout Canvas assessment feature areas and matches the link already found in graded discussions and quizzes. This should resolve the need for System Administrators to re-open concluded courses for instructors who wish to review assignment submissions.
- Dashboard Sidebar Course Names: The “To Do,” “Coming Up,” and other sections in the Dashboard sidebar display the course code (or short name) instead of the full name. However, if a user has set a nickname for the course, the sidebar defaults to the course nickname.
- Navigation Underline Links: The Underline Links feature option underlines hyperlinks in the Course Navigation and User Navigation Menus. This feature is used with the Underline Links feature option, which can be enabled by any user in User Settings.
- Question Bank Question Detail Answers: In question banks, users can click the Show Question Details link and view the correct answer indicator for each quiz question. Question details can be viewed in account- and course-level question banks.
- Question Bank Titles: When a question bank is linked in a question group, quizzes display the full name of the question bank.
For a complete production release update, please see:
Canvas Production Release Notes: October 8, 2016
Please click here to view the transcript for this video.
Last Updated: 4 Oct 2016