What are LibGuides?
LibGuides are guides provided by the Penn Libraries that cover specific resources for a subject or class. You can browse guides by subject to learn more about currently available LibGuides.
How can I have a LibGuide added to my Canvas site?
Contact your liaison librarian for assistance. Please see the subject directory of liaisons in the Penn Libraries to find your liaison librarian.
Can I have a new/custom guide created for my course?
What are the benefits of adding a LibGuide to Canvas?
- Direct students to librarian-vetted resources for their research.
- If requesting a custom guide, you will work personally with a liaison librarian who will create a LibGuide designed specifically for your students.
- You can also ask the liaison to help you develop research assignments and to teach library-research sessions in your course.
- A LibGuide is a great way to introduce academic research conventions to students, as well as the research conventions of your field.
- If you do not know your subject’s liaison librarian, adding a LibGuide to Canvas is a great way to meet them! Not only will this introduction help your students, but it could also lead them to help with your research, since you can ask them for research assistance, too.
What will it look like when I add a LibGuide to my Canvas site?
How do I get started?
Contact your liaison librarian, and they will be happy to help you add a LibGuide to your Canvas site!