The Feature Highlights series shares information about neat and useful things you can do with Canvas features. Please email Courseware Support at email@example.com if you have any questions about the features discussed in this series.
What’s the Rich Content Editor?
Here’s what it looks like:
It’s the name for the text-box that constitutes the core editing capabilities in . . .
- Discussions (topics and replies)
- Quizzes (“Quiz Instructions” and most quiz questions)
and accompanies . . .
- Syllabus (called the “Syllabus Description”)
- Some Homepage Layouts (“Syllabus” and “Pages Front Page”)
When’s It Changing?
Saturday, April 4, 2015. This change is mentioned in the April 4th Production Release Notes.
How’s It Changing?
- Better support for creating and deleting tables: Users can easily add, merge, and split table cells without having to switch to the HTML Editor. Rows can be added, copied, and pasted anywhere in the table.
- Directional text: The editor also supports directional text so users can insert content right to left. This feature can be added using the Right to Left button within the editor.
- HTML elements for selected content: Beneath the Rich Content Editor window, users can view HTML elements for any selected content. This feature is beneficial for users who work with HTML and want to view or confirm placement of content.
What If I Have Questions about How to Use the New Rich Content Editor?
You can send your questions to Courseware Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.