Canvas operates on a three-week release cycle through which features are added or updated. Courseware Support posts highlights from Canvas’s production release notes, a link to these notes, and other relevant content to the Canvas at Penn blog a few days before the production release, which usually occurs on Saturdays. Please contact Courseware Support at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about an upcoming production release.
1/31/15 Production Release Highlights:
- New Quiz Statistics: On January 31, New Quiz Statistics will no longer be a Feature Option in Canvas and the feature will apply to all users with an instructor role. (For more please see: http://guides.instructure.com/m/4152/l/41484-once-i-publish-my-quiz-what-kinds-of-quiz-statistics-are-available)
- Course and Term Date Validation: Instructors cannot create assignments, graded discussions, or quizzes with due dates and/or availability dates outside the start and end dates for the course or term. This feature helps instructors better manage all student coursework within the course schedule. This feature currently only applies when editing an assignment.
- Quiz Log Auditing: Students and instructors can view progress logs for course quizzes. This feature is designed to help instructors investigate problems that a student may have in the quiz. Students can also view the log for their own quizzes. This is a course-level feature option, which means that it must be enabled in Canvas by a System Administrator. If there is interest in this feature, please let us know.
- Assignment Point Value: When an existing assignment contains graded submissions and an instructor changes the points possible, Canvas displays a warning that changing the point value requires regrading the assignment. This warning message applies to any grading type with assignment submissions, including changing points from or to zero.
- Folder Names: Folder names containing a number symbol (#) do not display a page error.